Eurofins EAG Laboratories is a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and materials characterization testing services for various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. We enable our clients to develop new materials with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate novel materials for tomorrow's technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency; to define the technical problems; develop and execute analyses; and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Scientist who will work in the X-Ray Analysis group and be responsible for operating analytical XRD and XRR instrumentation. This position requires a solid technical foundation in materials science, chemistry or physics.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrate competency with laboratory work and use of analytical instrumentation
- Design experiments with minimal assistance from management and/or experienced scientists
- Acquire and interpret XRD and XRR analytical data and apply understanding to solving the specific problem for clients
- Write scientific reports that include conclusions, methodology, and supporting analytical data
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD inChemistry, Physics or Materials Science, with 1 or more years of industrial experience and/or 2+ years of hands-on academic/research experience using XRD.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Powder X-ray diffraction analysis
- Further XRD experience is desirable, including a knowledge of cGMP protocols
- Experience operating, configuring and maintaining X-ray diffractometers
- Working effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
- Able to communicate constructively with other scientists, team members and clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.