If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
Throughout your 10-week internship, you will be exposed to any number of fascinating projects while you benefit from healthcare IT experiences and close collaboration with knowledgeable professionals, coaches, and technology leaders. In addition, you’ll be exposed to our culture, participate in social responsibility events, and participate in learning sessions from leaders throughout the enterprise. In joining us, you will have the opportunity to be placed in one of our key business areas such as;
- Business Systems Analysis
- Application Development
- Integration Services
- Project Management
- Data Science/Analysis
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- Business Applications Support
The intent of our internship program is to provide long term employment opportunities through WellMed, an organization of Optum, which is a part of the UnitedHealth Group company.
Key Information Regarding the Internship Program:
This full-time internship position will be available for the summer of 2022.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, other Engineering degree, IT, MIS, other technology related fields.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors but are intended for 2023, 2024 and 2025 graduates.
- Must be local/in a commutable distance to the San Antonio, TX office with the ability to work in the office for the duration of this internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA
- Proficient in core programming concepts and at least one programming language (Example: Python, Java, C, SQL, .NET)
- Involvement in any additional technical activities (Robotics, Comp. Science/Tech clubs, Tech or Engineering side projects, GitHub, etc.) and/or tech related employment experience
- Knowledge of Data Structures/Analysis, Program Design and Development, Database Design/Management and or Business Analysis and Development
- Experience or Knowledge in Web/Mobile Development and Applications
- Experience or Knowledge in IT Technologies, Building and Troubleshooting computer systems and MS Suite
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Information Technology Internship, Wellmed, San Antonio, TX, Texas