Weapons & Vehicles Artist
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
* The creation of game ready AAA vehicles, weapons and gear derived from concept drawings, and reference photos.
* Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop look and feel of assets.
* Create weapons and vehicles that are efficient, built to scale and satisfy budgetary requirements.
* Own the weapon and vehicle creation process, feedback and implementation.
* Manage a number of assets and prioritize tasks.
* Maintain and share extensive knowledge pertaining to weapons, vehicles, gear and equipment.
* Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
* Provide feedback to improve the tools.
* Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
* Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine.
* Properly estimate time to complete work, manages competing priorities and builds in buffers.
* experience using Adobe Photoshop to create hyper realistic textures for next gen materials in a PBR environment
* Art education such as an Associate Arts degree from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required
* Passion and experience creating photorealistic weapons and vehicles for game console platforms.
* Can demonstrate experience with examples of beautiful game ready assets.
* Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have excellent communication skills.
* Understanding of special considerations in modeling for camera POV.
* Candidate must have experience creating efficient and clean models with proper UV layout inside Autodesk Maya.
* 2-3+ years of experience in AAA games, and/or a shipped title
* Ability to build collaborative relationships and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
* Has a high level of attention to detail and professional pride in doing things correctly.
* Is a self-starter and that is focused on supporting the team.
* understands the basic operation of various firearms.
* Z brush or Mud Box, or other 3D painting software experience a plus.
* Radiant experience a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.