The Vice President, Product Marketing will report to the Switching BU GM and will focus on leading a team to set strategy, define, promote, and work with engineering to deliver products and bring it to production by engaging with customers, internal cross functional teams and field.
The successful candidate combines in depth knowledge of enterprise, service provider and data center markets with deep ethernet switching knowledge to help anticipate future application needs to drive highly innovative product definitions and to establish credibility and deep-rooted relationships with internal stakeholders and with the customer. The successful applicant will become part of a close-knit winning team.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead team, create org structure, create career paths for all team members.
- Develop multiple product family roadmaps for multiple market segments.
- Present product plans and generate excitement at all levels of organization from entry level engineer to CEO.
- Develop and drive sales funnel through team. Be held responsible for revenue generation as promised by product ROIs.
- Lead products and solutions business planning activities: market/technology trends, market sizing (TAM, SAM, SOM), key customers to win, competitive analysis, product positioning and pricing.
- Define compelling products and solutions with clear value propositions that are validated and endorsed by leading target customers.
- Lead all product and solution requirement documents (MRD/PRD) activities to ensure engineering and cross-functional teams are all in-sync to execute what is needed to win key designs.
- Drive entire product and solution life-cycle from cradle to grave.
- Develop product and solution strategies with sales and cross-functional teams that yield design wins at targeted customer accounts.
- Manage key ecosystem and technology alliances for product and solution success.
- Partner with sales to develop key customer account plans that cover key programs, supply chain partners, decision making tree, organization structure/contacts, and technology roadmap plans.
- Collaborate with engineering to develop reference design solutions for leading use cases and architecture engagements with leading customers and their platform partners.
- Sales &FAE training on market and product line plans.
- Help corporate marketing develop product line digital marketing and social media messaging.
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or related) required, MSEE and/or MBA preferred.
- 15 years of relevant semiconductor experience with solid understanding of Ethernet switching technologies and dynamics.
- Team player
- Proven ability to lead a team, and develop the organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to all levels of the corporation, internal, partner and customer.
- Can-do self-starter with strong cross-functional leadership skills.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and eager to learn new technologies
- Strategic analytic mind who has had success in the conception and launch of new products.
- Demonstrated product life-cycle management across whole semiconductor product NPI process.
- Knowledge and networking (Ethernet) components and overall eco-system.
- Proven ability to create and drive a funnel with sales.
- Proven ability to gain respect and work effectively with Engineering organizations.