This Job has been reposted by the company. Refer to Job ID 653703.
You will be creating the overall marketing strategy for the company, including lead gen, positioning, communications, and overall commercial strategy. This includes balancing the needs of a large and growing open source community as well as paying customers. Every day will look different, but many will include...
Driving the Marketing Team
- Define and execute a high-leverage marketing plan balancing the challenges faced by open-source and commercial users.
- Roll up your sleeves and join the team on the ground floor, by setting strategic priorities, leveraging data, establishing best practices in positioning, creating content, driving sales enablement, and growing our online presence.
- Recruit, support, and retain a talented team that is responsible for Company 's success through developer marketing, user marketing, and enterprise marketing, etc.
- Build performance metrics, including user engagement, customer acquisition cost, churn, etc.
Partnering with Product
- Partner with product leaders to help drive ongoing adoption of Company by connecting the product roadmap with our go-to-market strategy.
- Drive high-visibility product launches to demonstrate innovation, grow our community, and ultimately drive new revenue.
Channeling & Distribution
- Define channel strategies
- Articulate Company 's vision and strategy through compelling customer stories that inspire, motivate, and lead to revenue generation.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Drive brand development that will create a product market fit and "stickiness" for both the open source developer community and commercial enterprises
- Lead the development and execution of partnerships and programs, driving engagement in the Company ecosystem and constantly testing and measuring old and new ideas
- Owned a marketing function for developer-focused software products.
- Scaled a marketing function from its early stages to fully matured (i.e. joined at Series A or B).
- Created go-to-market strategies that required data analysis and experimentation with multiple points of entry.
- Crafted compelling stories that inspired decision-makers and helped products rise above a competitive marketplace.
- Proven track record of people-focused leadership that drives performance to overall business objectives through collaboration.
- Preferred: Experience with open source or freemium product models.
The best parts of this job
- Empowering people is really important to us, so you will be able to have a huge impact on the success of the company and the experience of many employees.
- We 're building the future of the web, so needless to say, you 'll get to work on a very cool product. Someone we recently talked with referred to it as -the hotness.- We liked this description.
- Our team is the best team. Everyone says that but we mean it. They 're fun, passionate, smart, and a lot of them have pets.
The worst parts of this job
- We 're a startup, so things are changing as we mature as a company. Changes will continue to happen frequently. You 'll need to be ready to go with the flow.
- We 're fully distributed, which is awesome, but it can prove to be an extra spicy challenge when managing a growing team.
- We 're working in a relatively new product space, so there 's no exact roadmap for success to lean on.