Company is one of the fastest-growing enterprise computing companies today with over $5 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $10 billion plus in revenue.
We are currently managing hundreds of thousands of customer instances each with exponentially growing data volumes. Our charge is to deliver a fault-tolerant, scaling network infrastructure.
To hyperscale, we 're hiring a Vice President of Network Engineering and Operations to:
- Lead the organization responsible for design, deployment, operations, and automation in Company 's global cloud infrastructure.
- Scale our architecture and team to meet our customer demands and growth forecasts.
- Foster a high-performing network engineering culture.
- Implement 'next-generation ' right path global infrastructure.
Failure is not an option on our team given the revenue stakes. We are responsible for designing and managing the networks connecting Company to the outside world, the backbone that interconnects Company 's regions, the connections between all cloud services and across all customer instances. We scale far ahead of demand and are constantly innovating with our customers to deliver a seamless, efficient SaaS infrastructure.
Lead a large network engineering and operations team delivering intense customer focused technological innovation and an advanced infrastructure that meet our customer workload demands all while building a high-performing network engineering culture. By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Build and cultivate excellence in networking engineering and operations culture.
- Sign your name on the metal of an advanced global cloud infrastructure.
- Revolutionize and move the needle in SaaS cloud computing.
- Build and cultivate a culture of observability across cloud infrastructure, services, and product teams throughout Company.
- Take an active role in contributing to the roadmap for the Observability organization. Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role.
We need a leader with experience having designed, operated, and implemented networks of very large scale, and those well versed in the operation of scale architectures. You should have deep operational knowledge of routing protocols and how to avoid limitations through innovative design. Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 15 years+ experience managing teams and delivering network technology on a global scale.
- Software engineering, networking, and distributed systems experience.
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities focused on scale, performance, reliability, efficiency, and product velocity.
- Growing and managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams of 200+.
- Building strong relationships within and across peer teams that foster deep engagement and delivering key technologies.
- Understanding of the networking and cloud industry, including user and enterprise trends.
- Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical concepts both internally and externally.