We are seeking a Vice President of Human Resources who will be the first hire to build and scale the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition function. The VP of HR will be a strong business partner, dynamic problem solver, enthusiastic coach and mentor with excellent judgment, a culture builder with demonstrated h acumen. The ideal candidate for the role has experience partnering with leadership and is eager to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and drive the overall talent acquisition strategy for the company, ensuring that the company hires best in class talent. Develop staffing strategies to source, attract and hire top talent.
- Design talent management solutions that will prepare high potential employees and leaders for more significant responsibilities and increase the effectiveness, productivity and retention of talent.
- Develop competitive compensation and benefits programs appropriate to the stage of the business. Assess total compensation plans for competitiveness against relevant companies.
- Provide guidance regarding employee relations matters. Establish credibility through the company with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver.
- Participate in the development of the company 's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on employees and culture. Translate the strategic business plans into HR strategic and operations plans.
- Lead the performance management process to ensure focus on business goals and development of employee capabilities and potential.
- Work with the management team to continue establishing the company 's culture.
- Run the performance review process and compensation assessment and planning process.
- Identify strategies to retain, reward, and grow existing employees.
- A proven track record of building, leading and innovating the Human Resources function with demonstrated proficiency in core HR disciplines such as: employee relations, talent management, compensation and total rewards, performance management, staffing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical human resources operations.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- A passion for building the HR/People function from the ground up.
- Ability to think strategically and develop scalable solutions to support company goals.
- Experience building culture and supporting Inclusion & Diversity programs.
- Experience working in a leadership position within the HR/People function at an early, high-growth stage company.
- Bachelor 's degree and 10+ years of progressive human resources experience in the biotech industry.