Vice President, Market Development (Utilities and Biogas)
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a VP, Market Development of Utilities and Biogas to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This position will have responsibility for developing a 5-year strategic market plan to help Bloom Energy successfully launch its Utilities and Biogas business. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company direction and overall industry. The role will report to the CMO/EVP Product and Marketing and there will be a matrixed relationship with the SVP, Americas Sales for Utility and BioGas strategy and opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deep knowledge in T&D systems and energy market – able to map the value chain and ecosystem of clients, partners & competitors
- Leverage existing & build new, strong industry connections and customer relationships, represent Bloom within Industry events and lead positioning strategy for Bloom in these verticals.
- Focus on unlocking large strategic deals. Will structure transactions in the ways that will protect, promote, and enable the company’s best interests and profits
- Market strategy – coordinate efforts across Bloom teams (marketing, product management, sales, international) to ensure a strong end to end market introduction and growth strategy.
- Assess markets with varied data sets. Understand market dynamics well enough to prioritize geographies, partnerships, and business models.
- Develop and own the use cases for the Utility and BioGas Business Cases and tools for sales and structured finance to leverage with clients.
- Expertise negotiating complex agreements across multiple domains
- Strong analytical and communications skills – able to develop partnership discussions and quickly determine which partners are long-term strategic options and identify which aren’t
- Successfully partner with Sales, Partner and Deal Teams to develop senior relationships with key partners and/or customers. Visit customers and help them identify opportunities and improve sales and marketing strategies in selling products
- Strong leadership capabilities to successfully work cross functionally and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully at the C-Level of multi-billion dollar utility and supplier companies and develop relationships at the executive levels
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of Market Development leadership
- Work closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales Engineering, Sales and Engineering to prioritize and build the offers that win
- Drive the Hydrogen, Carbon Capture and BioGas strategy into Utility and BioGas markets as part of the Business Plan, Pilot Programs, and Scale agreements.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert the Deal Teams will leverage to build confidence with target clients
Skills and Experience:
- 20+ years of market and/or business development experience, primarily in energy sector
- Well known in the Utility or BioGas markets a plus
- Strong executive presence
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Entrepreneurial bent – ability to plan, build, and cultivate a new market
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to take complicated technical concepts and translate to a general audience in a compelling, succinct manner
- A willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed
- Bachelor degree required in any of the following engineering, business management, economics, and technology, MBA and/or Doctorate is preferred.
- Person must have the ability to act independently and operate with a passion and appreciation for the vision and mission of the company
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result