UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.SM
In the rapidly evolving health care landscape, UnitedHealth Group is optimally positioned to lead innovation and develop transformational solutions to Help People Live Healthier Lives and Help Make the Health System work for Everyone. We are initiating a multi-year, enterprise-wide Human Capital systems transformation to drive digitization, modernization and optimization of our talent enablement strategies. This will be accomplished through innovative and highly strategic investments (and implementations of course) in the areas of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, Organizational Effectiveness & Performance, Rewards & Recognition, and Talent Acquisition. As Vice President, Global Human Capital Technology & Programs, you will be responsible for defining and driving the vision for Human Capital Technology (HCT), building core processes, and overseeing the efficiency and effectiveness of our Human Capital systems. The person in this key leadership role will be expected to empower results for our Human Capital organization via the development, innovation and implementation of HCT and associated processes & policies. You will own accountability for the entire HCT landscape, with a focus on creating and delivering high impact, customer-focused and compliant HCT solutions across the entire UnitedHealth Group enterprise.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and implement enterprise-wide technology strategies that facilitate the transformation of Human Capital and propel the employee experience
- Partner in efforts to determine best HCT options for the organization, work through RFPs, and lead system implementation / migration / integration efforts in collaboration with Global Process Owners and Technology leaders
- Influence senior leadership across global UnitedHealth Group entities on opportunities & investments in HCT that will provide key differentiation for our business growth by understanding the global data and technology needs across countries/regions, while also supporting common global UnitedHealth Group designs and processes
- Serve as a consultative partner to business and functional leaders to continuously improve and connect systems to provide a seamless employee experience, while ensuring we have the right team member and technology capabilities (and capacity) to deliver against our process improvement priorities
- Leverage technology and analytics to enhance business results and align Human Capital initiatives with strategic goals and operational priorities
- Own HCT and related system operations, establishing processes for managing quality through all development stages (requirements, design/develop, build/configure, test, deploy), ensuring data integrity, reporting, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities
- Accountable for data management, security, testing, environment management and vendor management
- Lead a Program Management Office to manage the implementation of new functionality and business process improvements, including determining requirements gathering, testing, roll-out, and end user training and adoption
- Create and oversee change management plans (covering communication, sponsorship, and training/education)
- Build rapport with all levels of the organization (including C-Suite leaders) by being approachable, providing evidenced-based practices and showing your commitment to ongoing process improvement
- Partner with experts regarding industry trends, innovation tools, new release offerings/capabilities and the evolving landscape of HCT options to continuously improve knowledge, performance and achieve world class results
- Develop, lead and mentor a high performing team of Human Capital “Solution Partners” & apply leadership and managerial skills to ensure the team continually operates at optimal effectiveness
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 15 + years of progressive leadership supporting Human Capital Technology (HCT) solutions and implementation (on a global scale), business process improvements and the development of a rich and engaging employee experience in large, complex organizations
- Demonstrated success driving HCT implementations for a global Fortune 100 company from planning through to on-going support stages
- Experience leading global system RFPs & implementations and ensuring vendor accountability
- Deep knowledge of Human Capital laws, policies, procedures and systems
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities with demonstrated ability to think creatively & strategically to solve and answer key business questions/problems with an eye toward process efficiency and simplification
- Authentic and inclusive leadership that embraces diversity of thought, experience & background and creates a collaborative, supportive and inclusive environment
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships focused on enablement of business goals and outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills (facilitation, oral, presentation, written) with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Significant experience presenting and partnering with C-Suite leaders
- Proven people management skills and the ability to lead, motivate, & develop a team of professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Proven experience prioritizing and managing a complicated portfolio of projects in a fast-paced, highvolume, global environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a proven ability to adapt
- Track record of discretion handling confidential & sensitive material
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud HRIS/Payroll, Taleo, and other related technologies
- Experience implementing and maintaining Global HCT solutions
- Leadership role on a global Human Capital transformation project where the primary technology was cloudbased
- Working knowledge of global data privacy laws, SOX and other compliance protocols
- Professional Consulting experience
- Industry certification (HRIS, Project Management Professional [PMP], Six Sigma, SHRM)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP Global Human Capital Technology Programs, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote