At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Reporting to the Global Operations Vice President, the Vice President of Flash Operations Finance will serve as a key, strategic business partner to the leadership team of the Flash Operations team and as a leader within the internal finance function. S/he will provide key business partnering strategic financial support on our Cost performance, including Capital, Inventory and business case support. Based in San Francisco Bay Area, CA, this role will be an important member of the Finance leadership team.
The Vice President will be responsible for leading the Flash Cost teams supporting these groups, the development of annual operating plans, financial forecasts, portfolio ROI metrics, management reporting and key performance metrics, including supporting a wide range of analyses. S/he will be responsible for partnering with the broader Western Digital FP&A teams in elevating the game when it comes to automated dashboards, analytics that drive real time decision making.
The Vice President of Finance is a key member of the Global Operations finance leadership team and will be expected to identify and drive financial performance improvement initiatives across Global Operations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the Operations organizations in the long-range and annual operating planning, budgets, and monthly forecasting processes, including close coordination with key executives across Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering, and Finance.
- Provide decision support on business cases, prioritization and governance decisions through business modeling and ad hoc analysis required to support the Operations teams.
- Lead the buildout of the forecasts and analysis on cost components and develop plans to manage these costs and seek out cost savings opportunities wherever possible.
- Provide management with forecast insights, performance metrics and financial analytics for improved organizational decision making.
- Develop financial reports for various Cost, Capital and Inventory deliverables for the leadership team.
- Proactively lead the analysis of Manufacturing costs and partner with FP&A and Accounting to coordinate monthly close and ensure no surprises.
- Proactively identify, design, and implement enhancements to existing sourcing and governance processes to drive enterprise efficiency and resource optimization
- Drive operational efficiencies by spearheading system implementations and owning process improvements.
- Embed a culture of proactive risk management across the organization and provide regular insights on financial performance risks/opportunities and advise on business options to ensure meeting/exceeding of corporate goals.
- Provide leadership, develop a world class and motivated Finance team, and establish global best practices for the team and the broader BU finance.
- B.S. degree preferably in finance or accounting. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in a complex, multinational, multi-site environment.
- 10 or more years of Senior Finance Leadership experience required
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong business partnering, influencing and analytical skills with demonstrated business insights and process impact in previous roles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills, and ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners.
- Highly motivated and strong leadership skills with experience in leading high-performance teams and demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Financial Planning Systems
- Quickly grasps the key business drivers in the industry and across markets.
- Adapts well but maintains a strong analytical orientation, speaking critically to the effects of decisions on company financials.
- Ability to champion ideas via fact-based analysis and reasoned judgment to optimize business results
- Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g. cost, risk, competitive position, short term vs. long term) to achieve an optimal outcome
- Executing for Results
- Strong execution orientation with hands-on experience managing complex projects.
- Adept at prioritizing. Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to haves, senses what is the next most important thing to work on and focuses on the critical few that add significant value.
- Strong results orientation, self-motivated; bias for action
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Leading Teams
- Ability to attract and retain a talented team and demonstrated track record in developing and implementing Development Plans for Associates growth.
- Sets a high standard for teamwork, results, and customer service and demonstrates an ability to be flexible and adaptable when necessary.
- Builds a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. Able to keep the team focused on the issues that really matter.
- Capable of getting individuals and teams to perform at a high level and to embrace change.
- Builds motivated, high-performing teams and understands what motivates different people.
- Deals promptly and fairly with problem performers and lets everyone know where they stand. Is energized by a challenge and is not afraid to make negative decisions and take tough action.
- Solicits the involvement of others and build a sense of ownership.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership style to different situations and people as well as to a complex business structure of a diverse portfolio of products.
- Must be a business leader rather than a technical expert – this position plays an active role in leading the business, providing challenge and support in equal measure.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.