Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security presence. As an Armed Security Officer, you will be part of a highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence and personal protective services. You’ll be trained by our team of highly qualified firearms instructors in safe weapons handling and marksmanship. As an Armed Security Officer, you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Hold a high school diploma or General Equivalency Development (GED) credential
- Must have at a minimum three (3) years of experience as a Law Enforcement Officer with arrest authority or three (3) years of prisoner handling and detention experience as a Corrections, Detention ,or Military Police Officer
- Speak, read, and write the English language
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Be certified fit-for-duty and able to perform the full range of duties associated with the CDO position by a medical professional. At a minimum, the medical evaluation shall certify the CDO does
- Not have a physical condition that would restrict strenuous exertion or prevent satisfactory performance
- Not have a medical condition that would restrict strenuous exertion or prevent satisfactory performance
- Not have an emotional or mental condition that could adversely affect performance
- Have a honorable or general discharge if a Veteran
- Constant or frequent personal surveillance of the secured areas
- Close observation of persons within the secured areas to detect evidence of damage, misuse or theft of property
- Monitoring equipment deliveries and construction contractor activities
- Close visual inspections of persons and vehicles entering and exiting the secured areas to ensure that nothing is either introduced or removed without proper documentation
- Reporting persons suspected of committing illegal or unauthorized acts
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions that could cause fires, explosions, collapses and other hazards by close and detailed observation of buildings, building equipment, supplies, vehicles and personnel within secured areas or as detailed in post orders
- Prohibiting unauthorized personnel and vehicular access to property
- Enforcing procedures to report trespassers on property, and being properly trained to apprehend as specified by established by local post orders
- Monitoring and responding to alarm system communications (phone calls, duress alarms, computer-generated alarms, etc.).
- Demonstrating good presence of mind and the ability to make timely decisions
- Notifying appropriate agencies and company management personnel as per local post orders.
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols within an office, industrial complex or at construction sites. Perform parking lot patrols
- Check all personnel entering facilities. Log in all visitors, vehicles and vendors. Issue visitor badges as required. Maintain security, visitor logs and other records. Administer access control over vehicles entering garages or other parking structures
- Participate in assigned position as part of the building fire and emergency action plan.
- Use Thomas Brothers Street Guide or MapQuest type electronic mapping software and facility list to locate company facilities
- Prepare and submit security reports that are legible, accurate and complete and provide assistance to investigators as required
- Respond as directed to alarms and company emergencies in a timely manner
- Respond to crowd and traffic control duties during emergency conditions as directed by management
- Make all communication check-in calls on time or account for absence prior to the check-in time
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822