We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Transportation Coordinator in the Authorizations Department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Health Services Authorizations Supervisor in the Utilization and Complex Case Management department, you will coordinate the authorization and documentation processes associated with non-emergency medical transportation and non-medical transportation for eligible Alliance members. You will work with members, transportation vendors, provider offices, Alliance staff, County departments and other agencies to ensure effectiveness of transportation service.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
* Knowledge of:
* The principles and practices of health care customer service
* Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Operating standard office equipment, such as fax and copier
* Ability to:
* Communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently via telephone
* Quickly learn each line of business conducted by the health plan
* Quickly learn and skillfully navigate Alliance computer systems
* Perform research on the internet to locate vendors and determine mileage
* Understand and analyze procedure and billing codes and how they affect vendors and the resolution of claims
* Perform data entry into tracking system and create reports
* Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of two years of experience in health care customer service, such as working as a medical assistant or registrar, which included the performance of general clerical duties (an Associate's degree may substitute for one year of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
* While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid telecommute work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
* Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
* Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
* Ample Paid Time Off
* 11 Paid Holidays per year
* 401(a) Retirement Plan
* 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
* Robust Health and Wellness Program
* EV Charging Stations
* And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, take a look at our Fact Sheet.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.