Alion Science and Technology is seeking a consultant who can lead prototype energy projects aimed at solving DoD problems using commercial-off-the-shelf technology from nontraditional technology vendors. This position requires program leadership skills coupled with energy subject matter expertise. A successful Energy Consultant will need strong judgement, an analytical mindset, sound collaboration skills, a pragmatic approach to problems-solving, and the ability to thrive in an oftentimes ambiguous, entrepreneurial environment. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA, with expected travel of 10%. This position is temporary spanning from October to December with the ability to extend.
- Lead the development and execution of the prototypes throughout their lifecycle, including need definition, vendor solicitation, solution review and selection, project plan and contract development, prototype implementation, post-prototype assessment, and transition to DoD partners.
- Coordinate the implementation and engineering support of energy projects to include coordinating the solution of relevant technical and programmatic problems and assessing the technical feasibility of commercial solutions.
- Work closely with government partners and commercial vendors as a project manager facilitating non-traditional and/or traditional vendor relationships throughout the prototype development lifecycle.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and drive buy-in with senior government officials, executive leadership, and other high-ranking stakeholders.
- Perform independent reviews and detailed technical assessments of commercial solutions and their specific applications.
- Provide reviews and assessments, analyses of applicable technologies and operational concepts, system requirements, test plans, executions, results, and related technical documentation.
- Work with DoD/Government partners to identify and document problem statements used as solicitations for commercial solutions.
- Review prototype proposals from commercial vendors, reports, and related project documents.
- Participate in milestone reviews, testing, and simulations, as appropriate.
- Participate in post-prototype analysis activities and review and analysis of prototype data.
- Prepare program updates, white papers, technical papers, briefs, and meeting materials.
- Respond to official requests for information and other tasks from government partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in key intra- and inter-agency meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a management field.
- 12+ years of experience with 2 or more years of relevant work experience in program or project management or analysis.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with both government and industry representatives.
- Ability to deliver multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder projects that demonstrably improve operational capabilities (measured by increase in accuracy, decrease in cost, decrease in time, data analysis) and enhance scientific collaboration, knowledge sharing, and research for the relevant community.
- US Citizenship required and a current TS clearance with the ability to obtain a SCI.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Limited