Kforce has a client in San Jose, CA that is seeking a Technical Writer.
In this role as a Technical Writer, you will work with various product teams for various technologies in the product catalog, especially those that provide an API or automation layer. You will also work with the engineering teams who create that technology and the technical writing teams working on the documentation, and with the developer advocates who interlock with the product and engineering teams. As a Technical Writer, you will review and test technical documentation submitted to publish on the site, and edit developer documentation including tutorials and reference information for foundational technology including coding, APIs, networking, and infrastructure automation.
Additional duties of the Technical Writer include:
- Ensure high-quality content with many authors contributing by using processes to ensure publishing workflows work well
- Provide support to writers and technical users for publishing content on site using a docs-as-code publishing workflow
- Understand and improve upon existing processes for incoming requests for new content or maintenance requests for developer content that already exists
- Advocate for excellent documentation on the behalf of developers using client technology
- Research keywords relevant to target audiences and incorporate into developer documentation, READMEs, and code examples