Apply to Job
Technical Artist - Creative Engineering
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Menlo Park, CA | Burlingame, CA
Apply to Job
A Technical Artist is the key bridge between artists and engineers, and Creative Engineering is currently looking for a passionate team member to closely work with a multidisciplinary team to build new cutting-edge social experiences in Augmented Reality. In this role, you will be creating complex and optimized Spark AR experiences across a variety of Meta products.
Technical Artist - Creative Engineering Responsibilities
* Partner closely with multiple engineering teams to implement Meta Avatars across various product surfaces.
* Implement runtime logic within a complex real-time environment with performance limitations in mind.
* Prototype, profile and optimize custom shaders.
* Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices.
* Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks, including diagnosing and fixing bugs.
* Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads.
* Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment.
* Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games.
* Experience with game/real-time profiling and optimization techniques.
* Experience in shader languages (GLSL, ShaderLab, HLSL).
* Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists.
* Experience in real-time content authoring (characters/environments/VFX/animation/lighting).
* Experience with real-time scripting.
* Experience working with version control systems (Git, Perforce, etc.).
* Deep knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts.
* Being interested and informed about emerging technologies.
* Self-motivated, product thinking mindset.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].