Team Kaiju seeks a Character Concept artist who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
You will work closely with our Art Leaders to help us guide the art vision for our studio's first project. You will be able to apply your experience creating concept designs for characters, creatures, props, and weapons. You will also be able to apply your art skills for color theory, human and creature anatomy, lighting, design theory, as well as style exploration, to combine compelling and inspiring art with great gameplay.
* Create highly inspirational characters, creatures, and weapons that inspire the team and contribute to the unique visual direction of our game
* Quickly explore ideas through comprehensible thumbnails and sketches
* Explore different art styles focused on pushing visuals into new territory
* Create final concept artwork from thumbnails and sketches
* Create visual development concepts to promote ideas and enroll others in a unique artistic vision for the game
* Create highly descriptive illustrations (such as model sheets) that can be used by the artist on the team
* Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to provide visual and concept solutions to help problem solving complex design goals
* Relevant professional experience as a Concept Artist
* A portfolio of visionary and inspiring concept work you can show and talk about your ideas to the team
* Strong sense of style combined with a solid foundation of human/creature anatomy, fashion, and mechanical designs
* Expert understanding of Photoshop or an equivalent design program
* Ability to understand and incorporate requests and revisions effectively and efficiently
* Ability to deliver and respond to feedback with paint over, verbal and written formats
* Understanding of gameplay mechanics and a developer's mindset, using your artistic skills to improve the player experience
* Shipped at least one AAA game
* Experienced working with the UI/UX department and providing design solutions.
* Create inspirational illustrations for marketing, storyboard and 2.5D frames for narrative
* Knowledge of 3D software packages such as Blender, Maya, Z-brush, etc.
* Ability to create appealing graphic designs such as logos, patterns, and fonts
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.