Tax Manager, Real Estate
At PP&Co. we work with individuals, closely-held businesses, their owners and high net worth individuals to help assure their financial success. Our team of over 85 professionals—including 11 partners and 40 Certified Public Accountants—is committed to giving clients the absolute confidence to make the best decisions and the peace of mind to know they are right. Located in San Jose and Santa Cruz, CA and Portland, OR, we are a member of PrimeGlobal, one of the largest global associations of independent accounting firms in the world, giving us access to accounting professionals in virtually any part of the globe.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our award-winning Firm. This is a great opportunity to develop and pursue your career interests while working with our friendly and high-integrity team members. This position requires technical expertise that can be applied in a dynamic and growing group within our Firm. This individual will be responsible for managing tax associates and client relationships while providing guidance and expertise on tax engagements for our real estate and construction clients in privately held business clients, business owners, families & high net worth individuals. The position will provide leadership, support and vision to the Tax, Real Estate and Construction practice groups to support the Firm’s strategic direction and core values.
• You will work directly with the clients, manage tax engagement teams, and work with other technical specialists to advise clients on a variety of complex Federal and State issues.
• Use your experience in accounting and taxation to provide planning, research, consulting and compliance services to clients in the real estate sector to assist clients in achieving their goals and objectives.
• Managing all aspects of technical planning, research, consulting and compliance for pass-through entities (S Corps, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Trusts) and their owners.
• Mentor and develop junior associate’s by providing performance feedback and guidance to help them develop their technical and industry skills.
• Responsible for participating in the in-house CPE classes developed internally and provided by the Firm.
• Assist in researching technical issues, writing technical memorandums, preparing analyses, and participating in IRS audits on behalf of clients.
- Responsible for managing clients which includes writing proposals, engagement letters, budgeting, staffing and billing.
- Participating in our formal mentorship program.
- Network and engage in business development activities, as appropriate.
• 5+ years of recent, progressive tax experience at a public accounting firm in Real Estate and/or Construction tax matters
• CPA license preferred
• Degree in Accounting and or related field
• Master’s in taxation preferred
• Demonstrated project management, supervisory and leadership skills
• Strong tax research and writing skills
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Good communication both verbal and written
• Professional demeanor
At PP&Co., we live our Core Values and they are EPIIC: we strive for Excellence in everything we do, our People are our most important asset, we do everything with Integrity, we are fiercely Independent, we Care about our community!