As a support teacher, you will have the opportunity to spend time in many different classrooms. You will see how different teachers run their classrooms and could spend time rocking babies or creating masterpieces with kindergarteners. Let your passion for children guide your path and we will happily help you find your way.
A few of the benefits of being part of the Primrose team include:
- Ongoing training for personal and professional growth
- Flexible scheduling
- Daily lesson plans provided
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
- Referral Bonus
- Child Care Discount
- Health Insurance reimbursement
- Tax-deferred retirement savings plan
- Education Assistance-earn your Child Development Associate Credential through our in-house credentialing program
- Monthly teacher appreciation
- Free On-duty Lunch prepared in School Kitchen
- Uniforms Provided
- Workplace dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Paid Winter Holiday Week (After the first year of full-time employment)
- Friendly and energetic with a strong desire to guide and nurture young children
- 12 or more core units in Early Childhood Education preferred
- 3 ECE units in Infant/Toddler preferred
- Work experience in a licensed childcare facility preferred
- Must meet required state background check
- Proficient computer skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Professional, dependable, and reliable
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Support your colleagues as needed in the classroom and with any additional tasks
- Create a safe and nurturing environment in accordance with state and school licensing standards
- Implement lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the provided Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum
- Cultivates positive relationships with families and colleagues
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for children's behaviors
- Provide rest and meal breaks to classroom teachers.
- Substitute for classroom teachers
- Necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
Invest in the future of a child and let us invest in you! Enhance your skills in a professional environment filled with mentors, and colleagues who want to help you succeed and grow. This is a fabulous opportunity to enhance your skills and gain experience while you finish school and have a classroom waiting for you when you are ready!
Keywords: preschool teacher, daycare, preschool, teacher, infant, toddler, childcare, teacher assistant, daycare assistant, infant teacher, school, child development, child, children, kids, summer camp, after school, extended day, substitute, transitional kindergarten, jr. kindergarten, san jose, care, daycare, children, caregiver, preschools