Requisition ID: 135179
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is consistently ranked in the top 10 of the Top 400 Contractors according to Engineering News-Record. We have built many of North America’s most iconic construction projects throughout history and have earned a reputation as industry experts in several diverse construction and engineering markets. Because of this and the flexibility in our geographical and technical capabilities, there is no shortage of work or opportunities. We are hiring Superintendents to help run heavy civil projects and have a great backlog of work! As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Northern California District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Northern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in various types of work in the heavy civil, power, transportation, and water resource markets. Although most of our work is regionally based in Northern California, we also pursue various projects across the west coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry rather than design.
We have projects across Northern California, Oregon, Washington. We offer longevity and a career in construction but our Superintendents must be willing to go where the work is. We offer relocation or travel assistance/per diem, depending on the location and project.
• Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
• Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
• Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
• Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
• Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
• Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
• Review, approve and negotiate change orders
• Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
• Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
• Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
• Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
• Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
• 5+ years' heavy civil construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.