We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Superintendent. As Superintendent you will coordinate field activities for all construction projects in conjunction with project managers within prescribed specifications, time frames, and budget parameters.
· Meet standards relating to quality and timeliness.
· Drive projects through to meet deadlines and solve whatever problems and overcome obstacles without letting the deadline or accuracy of the job falter.
· Ensure safety requirements are carried out and enforced at all project sites.
· Responds to phone messages and e mails in a timely manner.
· Manage time, prioritize, and delegate appropriate responsibilities.
· Communicate effectively with management on issues regarding cost overruns, paperwork deficiencies, subcontractor performance, and schedule delays and problems.
· Demonstrate good judgment and company confidentiality at all times in all aspects of the position.
· Evaluate current processes and systems and make recommendations for new ways of doing things.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities for this position within Technical Builders. However, this position is responsible for the overall production of subcontractors and laborers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or 3-5 years of carpentry experience (Journeyman level); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions within groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CRITICAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to read blueprints, contracts, and construction documents.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Clear understanding of clean room protocol
- Must have a rudimentary knowledge of construction tools, equipment, processes, and techniques.
- Strong communication (both written and oral)
CRITICAL BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires the employee to carry out the Technical Builders core values and philosophies that include loyalty, integrity, a positive take-charge attitude and a passion to produce superior results. This position requires professional conduct, judgment, and discretion (e.g. politeness, and courteousness) at all times, including meetings and conversations with owners, clients, designers, fellow employees, and the public.
This position also requires the ability to work under pressure (to maintain the pace of projects) with accuracy. It also requires the person to be flexible in accepting changes and devising creative solutions to multiple management or technical problems, as well as working long hours occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk through unfinished buildings. It also requires the use hands and fingers, to handle objects, paper, etc., reach with hands and arms; climb scaffolds or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The conditions may be dusty, rainy and require the use of a hard-hat.
Benefits Include: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Retirement plan, and Paid Time Off