At TripActions, we strongly believe that the best way to achieve business success is by listening to our customers and focusing on solving their needs with innovative, elegant, technology-driven solutions. Our product designers are transforming how people experience travel.
We're looking for a Staff Product Designer to join the Personal Travel Design team. The Personal Travel Team is responsible for the expanded experience of exploring, evaluating, and booking their Personal travel within our platform. You'll report to the Design Director for the Travel design team.
Our ideal candidate is a highly collaborative designer who can generate impactful new ideas at the intersection of customer and business needs then bring them to life by using their deep design toolkit, high bar for pixel-polish, and influential storytelling to align multiple teams within a complex org.
What you'll do:
* Partner with a team of product managers, engineers, content strategists, and UX researchers to design and build delightful products that empower people to get their jobs done.
* Influence the roadmap of your domain by uncovering opportunity and defining requirements for solutions that balance flexibility, scalability, and ease of use.
* Indirectly lead a team of designers and writers to concept and craft intuitive experiences to launch across all platforms, devices, and channels.
* Prototype complete experiences (going beyond screens) to make an improved product and service feel tangible.
* Collaborate and design across team lines to provide our customers with a seamless experience.
* Present complex concepts in an easily digestible narrative to influence partners and stakeholders.
* Work within a robust design system and help to extend it with patterns that solve new use cases that will scale and fit into the existing component library.
* Take your designs all the way to the finish line and into our customer's hands.
What we're looking for:
* 8+ years of product design experience.
* A proven track record of quality and impactful work in a consumer, e-commerce, or B2C product. An added background in travel is a significant plus!
* A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strong strategic thinking as well as a deep commitment to details, excellence, and craft.
* A team oriented mindset. You believe that designers are facilitators and know the best work is done with a team of diverse perspectives.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. You know that behind every design decision is a story to be told. Yes, we use Slack, but we also Zoom and Loom often.
* A belief that fast cycles of soliciting feedback is the way to continually raise the quality of your work and that excellence is found in the details.
* A working knowledge of design thinking and user-centric practices that you can wield to define an innovative vision that you temper with a practical understanding of the technological, business and user opportunities and constraints.