Donor Network West’s mission is to save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation for transplantation and research.
At Donor Network West, we're looking for people who embody our core values: passion, excellence, equity and inclusion, and relationships. We welcome diverse perspectives and foster an environment of collaboration and service.
The Staff Accountant II will have direct responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and compliance of all accounting transactions. They will perform a variety of complex, responsible and confidential duties requiring a thorough knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as well as other compliance areas. They will contribute to many of the various aspects and levels of accounting support services including: general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, collections, cash receipts, maintaining support documentation, employee expense reimbursements, as well as produce and review various accounting and financial reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, verifies and posts standard journal entries into the general ledger
- Processes and/or reviews balance sheet account reconciliations
- Processes vendor payments
- Prepares and/or reviews denial letters
- Researches, reviews, and posts invoices
- Verifies source documents for accuracy, completeness, authorization, and coding
- Reviews Contracts prior to paying vendors to ensure accurate
- Prepares and reconciles annual 1099 statements
- Updates and maintains vendor records
- Coordinates, reviews and approves employee expenses, and monitors proper expense report controls
- Responsible for processing, monitoring, and reconciling credit card payments
- Billing for tissue, organ, research, and grants
- Reviews, prepares and coordinates the collection process
- Complete, post and/or reconcile monthly investment summary
- Reconcile and/or review accounts receivable
- Responsible for completing a timely and accurate month end close
- Creates, posts, and/or reviews monthly accruals
- Updates end of the month (EOM) checklist
- Updates, posts, and/or reconciles fixed assets worksheet
- Updates, posts, and/or reconciles lease and prepaid schedules
- Conducts account analysis as needed
- Posts cash receipts and process desktop deposits
- Works on a variety of financial projects as assigned
- Monitors compliance of financial policies and procedures, research and investigates if necessary
- Assists with year-end closings and preparation of the audit process
- Identifies areas of improvement
- Relies on knowledge, experience, skills, and judgment to complete most of the essential job functions with general supervision only.
- Proven organization skills
- Develops solutions for moderate to complex problems referring to policies and practices for guidance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Understanding of GAAP, financial statements (cash flow, budgets, profit/loss, and balance sheet) operational reporting information and data; advanced Excel skills and accounting software.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous deadlines.
- Able to communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Proactive team player who must uphold the core values of the organization which include passion, integrity, and team work.
- Ability to plan work and prioritize effectively. Demonstrates independent judgment, self-direction, and initiative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or in a related field or equivalent education/work experience.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience as a Staff Accountant or related position that encompasses two or more of essential job functions.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting and spreadsheets.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Salary data provided by third party sites do not accurately reflect our pay structure.