Ref ID: 00420-0011950386
Classification: Accounting Clerk
Compensation: $30.00 to $38.00 hourly
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a Staff Accountant position through Accountemps that you may want to check out. Based in the North San Jose, California area, this exciting short term temporary opportunity is set in an engaging work place where hard work is rewarded. The duties of Staff Accountant include fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation, journal entries, and the preparation of monthly and year-end closings. A very involved position, this role produces Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, you will also be in charge of many aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will be in charge of communicating with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, playing an active role in compliance, and looking over schedules for the reporting processes.
- Organize capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
The ideal Staff Accountant will have at least 3 years experience in accounting, experienced in Netsuite, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.