Job Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer
Requisition ID: 156458BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division: San Jose, CA - Austin, TX Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
You will work in the expanding world of Biomedical Software Engineering and Biomedical Instrumentation software and lead parts of the development of cloud based Next generation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry data systems from ground-up. You will have object-oriented design skills and experience in web and windows front end development and corresponding backend development that supports the front-end work and be passionate about creating a delightful and perfect user experience through your work in GUIs.
What will you do?
- Design and implement the backend models for the mass spectrometry instrument control method editors and method builders using C# .NET technology and implement MVVM like models.
- Design and implement the frontend screens and Single Page applications using Typescript and Vue.js and Stencil.js frameworks.
- The position will act as a User Interface technical lead, contribute to the technical vision with the development team and help the team to turn it into reality.
- Participate and lead in planning, UI design, development and the delivery of web based micro front ends and backend micro services.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of web applications and web components, deployable on various cloud and on premises deployment models.
- This is a hands-on development role, where you will be spending majority of your time on designing, coding, unit, and integration testing and on mentoring and supporting team members on technology, technical approach, project execution.
How will you get there?
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or similar engineering fields is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing commercial software with demonstrated increase in the project responsibilities.
- Strong experience with C# .NET with experience writing micro services in the .NET core environment.
- Some experience and knowledge of Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, SPA frameworks (Vue, React, Angular).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Mastery of C# .NET framework and programming language.
- Strong programming and software design ability with regards to client server, micro services, state machines, event driven programming is needed.
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL.
- Deep understanding and experience in API design (using RESTful), including versioning, isolation, documenting for internal and external (commercial) using API documentation frameworks (e.g., Apiary, Swagger)
- Knowledge of proteomics field and algorithms is preferred but not essential.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.