As a Senior Software Engineer on the Marketing Technology Engineering team, you will be pivotal in designing, architecting and building backend services for Campaign Central: a simplified, centralized marketing campaign management experience that will streamline the marketer's workflow of planning, executing and reporting on marketing campaigns.
- Lead the technical design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams, ensuring that projects are successfully executed meeting our standards for quality software engineering
- Design and ship high volume of elegant code with foresight to avoid performance, scalability, usability, maintainability, availability and testability issues.
- Maintain understanding of latest technologies and tools and leverage them to improve existing products and services.
- Identify opportunities within the team for potential leverage and reuse by developing libraries, APIs, and shared services
- Assist in the onboarding and ramp-up of new engineers
- Contribute towards the definition of product and technical roadmaps
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in design & development using Java/J2EE frameworks with emphasis on quality & attention to detail
- Strong fundamentals on Object Oriented Design skills, Data Structures & Algorithms, Transaction Management
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of Web Services APIs (JSON / XML / RPC)
- Working experience of build systems, databases, and Linux-based infrastructures
- Strong understanding of architectural models and technology stack used for developing highly scalable and highly available web applications and systems
- Strong relational database skills (RDBMS). Exposure to non-SQL databases is a plus.
- Good knowledge on architectural styles, design patterns, microservices with focus on performance and scalability
- Working experience on large data sets and messaging frameworks like Kafka is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V "