Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At?Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person's life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever's next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
* Manage patent docketing and provide general administrative support.
* Acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, and in-house employees to facilitate all activities regarding patent prosecution and patent portfolio management.
* Ensure that that the patent prosecution processes, admin duties and special projects objectives are met in a timely and efficient way.
In this role, you will…
* Prepares and files legal documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as required
* Maintains patent files and dockets, and coordinates filings with outside counsels
* Conduct patent portfolio data analysis and other IP analysis at the direction of company patent attorneys
* Manages patent management and docketing system
* Maintain patent docketing information in Foundation IP
* Provide patent prosecution support to company patent attorneys
* Review in coming correspondences from outside patent prosecution counsels, and ensure that the patent team provide timely responses
* Carry out technical, secretarial and patent administrative functions
* Assist with general office duties
* Scan and link work papers and other correspondence into client files
* Travel expense reports on Concur
In this role, you'll need …
* 6+ years of experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent
* Good understanding of the patent prosecution process and docketing of same.
* Working knowledge of Foundation IP database software and docketing of patent prosecution matters.
* Legal/compliance experience would be helpful.
* Foundation IP
* Microsoft Excel and Word
* Teamwork and Professional Conduct
* Attention to detail
* Ability to process complex information
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don't worry,?Align?is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is?transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and?OrthoCAD?digital services. Did you know? Align is the world's largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work - these are just some of the?things?employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review?our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.