Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s CMF team is seeking a seasoned Sr Designer to drive programs related to the interior and exterior of production vehicles, future concepts, prototypes, and special projects. As we enter our next phase of growth, this key role will lead design programs and standards behind our best-in-class Premium EVs. The successful candidate will navigate and thrive in our cross-functional team, empower our Designers to deliver at their highest potential, and ensure a successful implementation for every project. This position reports directly to the Director, CMF. This role is based in headquarters
- Manage production realization.
- Lead design program management, insuring design schedules are accurate, realistic, and deadlines are met.
- Establish key timelines and work support budget allocation
- Work with Director to create a holistic vision and connect with Lucid DNA for new models
- Drive the full design and engineering efforts for production
- Organize and Manage Design Reviews
- Work with Director in defining future strategies and strategic milestones
- Fundamentally understand stakeholders and market requirements and translate them into project deliverables.
- Work across disciplines and influence key partners across the organization.
- Manage all aspects of technical planning to achieve approvals of CMF from concept to production
- Mentor and guide fellow CMF designers throughout the production process.
- Strong visual communication skills, CMF design with an understanding of what is appealing to the global market in the premium automotive space.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, and lead fellow designers
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or above, majoring in Industrial, transportation, CMF, or other Arts.
- 5 - 6 years of automotive experience.
- A portfolio must be provided for consideration.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.