Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
BIW Manufacturing Dimensional Launch Engineer will be involved in complete model launch phase – from product design development, manufacturing specification development, tooling & equipment development to line commissioning and SOP. The role requires deep understanding of Body product design, GD&T, and manufacturing processes. This role requires to develop the build plan of a product from the ground up based on manufacturing process feasibility and best dimensional quality. Role will also require hands on involvement for product assembly & tooling measurements, troubleshooting and certification. This role requires to work in cross functional team environment with a strong influential ability to drive product design build based on best manufacturing practices for body accuracy.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Develop / architect body build sequence based on manufacturing process size scope, body dimensional accuracy, process variation,
- Develop / architect body assembly datum strategy based on efficient & flexible assembly tooling design and body dimensional accuracy control
- Lead Product DFM, Simultaneous Engineering activities and support NPI – design feasibility, dimensional & body accuracy feasibility, body sequencing, tooling design.
- Work with Product Engineering for DFM related product design changes
- Develop Manufacturing based variation analysis models and align with product design variation analysis to meet design requirements based on manufacturing reality
- Align body equipment PLP and part / assembly level GD&Ts and develop Body dimensional control points to ensure closed loop dimensional traceability
- Lead & Manage Prototype builds and New Model Launch Body Dimensional accuracy plan
- Analyze, troubleshoot and develop control plan to meet body dimensional metrics and contain variation
- Coordinate with Metrology to manage measurement, inspection and verification work flow for prototype and product launch / commissioning builds.
- Hands on involvement – participate and buy-off on Fixture/tooling part fitting, fixture certification, product assembly measurements and certification
- Lead dimensional build activities during tooling try outs at launch to achieve stable, repeatable and in dimensional spec body prior to SOP
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Stamping & NPI team for feedback loop for stampings, extrusions, castings, etc.
- Collaborate with product and manufacturing engineering on new manufacturing process research and development
- Participate in new manufacturing process specification development, assembly tooling design reviews and buy-offs
- Develop assembly fixture, ACP / PCF fixture specifications and manage procurement for model launch programs.
- Work with Quality Engineering team to problem solve and improve overall product quality with dimensional body accuracy focus.
- Support stamping gage / check fixtures Buy-off
- Support PPAP process as needed from supplier parts.
- Develop Facility Specifications & Bid Documentation and participate in facility (building) and process equipment RFQ process
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering & NPI team in coordinating & tracking Product Release and engineering changes.
- Knowledge of latest innovations in manufacturing engineering and applications.
- Maintain strong relationships with other company groups (Product Design, Production Engineering, Studio Engineering, Metrology, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, etc) to progress BIW Manufacturing objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related Field with 7+ years of relative experience
- Strong Interposal Skills with ability to Coordinate cross functional teams and deliver target initiatives.
- Expert in GD&T
- Experience in Dimensional Variation Analysis (3D and 2D Stack up)
- Experience in Aluminum and Steel Body Structures
- Experience with Measurement Systems, Metrology equipment (ie. Faro Arms, Light Scanners, etc)
- Knowledge of Production & Quality Control in manufacturing
- Extensive Experience in BIW Product development and Manufacturing Processes
- Software: 3DCS, AutoCAD, Catia (3DExperience), MS Office,
- Six Sigma Green Belt &/or proven Experience with Statistical Process Control
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Independent and Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to Travel up to 25% of the time.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.