If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Solutions Design Engineer I is a team member within a pursuit team that works on new business opportunities. The SD Engineer will support a pursuit from start to finish and will be an active team member throughout the various stages of the pursuit all the way through successful transition during startup. Key activities include: - Specialize in a single design discipline - Use advance analytical techniques and concepts to understand the business - Support design processes to create, re-design, or optimize logistics networks - Act in a supporting capacity on a pursuit - Effectively communicate the design and solution to internal stake holders & the client Ryder's Solution Design (SD) associates are responsible to support the growth of our Supply Chain Solutions & Dedicated Transportation Solution offerings by developing, designing and winning new business through: - Designing solutions that deliver financial value to our Customers - Demonstrating an understanding of our Customer's business - Providing feasible designs that are aligned with our Customer's needs - Helping the pursuit team with shaping wins plans consistent with our solution design - Providing sustainable designs that are aligned with Ryder's operational & technical capabilities (Financial value to Ryder) - Writing and delivering a compelling proposal that influences the customer decision to select Ryder - Support awarded business throughout the startup process, successfully transitioning design and proposal assumptions to Operations and SCE CI resources through the Customer Due Diligence process .
- Working with the sales team to understand a prospects needs and where Ryder can provide value
- Data profiling and analysis
- Creating project specific Q&A
- Appian dedicated fleet modeling and high level engineering as required
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects during the work week
- 2+ years of experience
- Appian is a plus
- 10-20% travel
- Data validation, cleansing, profiling, baseline development & defining scenarios to model
- Calculating labor, equipment, facility and expense requirements based on transportation and warehousing design assumptions. Develop process flows, concept of operations and value propositions consistent with the win strategy and work with IT to develop concept of systems. Coordinate with Pricing and other functions to develop cost and pricing models as well as relevant assumptions
- Develop optimizations scenarios and strategies that are aligned with objectives
- Support the bid submission process by reviewing RFP documents, understand objectives, develop questions to clarify gaps and develop initial hypothesis specific to a specific solution design that solves our customer's needs & delivers unique value
- Meet frequently with customers and cross-functional bid response team. Support technical review presentations and design validation meetings
- Develop and improve engineering tools and methodologies to ensure industry best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Superb data organization and cleansing skills
- Exhibit advanced skills and concepts using design applications, tools, techniques, and methodologies to analyze and design complex transportation and warehousing networks
- Familiarity in simulation tools, transportation & warehouse management systems, ERPs, Automation, MHE, Visibility Tools, and industry leading technologies(preferred)
- Ability to influence the project teams by using facts, statistics, and analytics
- Comprehend complex supply chain and transportation solutions and segment design processes into manageable elements and process steps
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills, including the ability to translate complex designs, concepts, and regulations into terms readily understood
- Learning to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering
- Three (3) years or more related work experience in the Transportation industry(e.g., Truckload, Multi-stop TL, LTL, Intermodal, Bulk, Rail, or Parcel services) required
- Three (3) years or more related work experience in the Warehousing and/or Manufacturing industry (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Operations) required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Solutions Design
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.