Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Santa Clara, California currently has an opportunity for Software Requirements and Process Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO –
The Software Requirements and Process Engineer within Abbott Hematology is responsible for leading and expecting activities related to the software requirements and quality process and translate them into the software products.
- Work with the Business stakeholders and Agile team to define the requirements for the software product.
- Create use cases and workflows that detail the software requirements.
- Get answers for the team to clarify details as they are developing the application.
- Create treasibility matrix between software requirements and risks.
- Develop documentation required for regulatory submission.
- Develop documentation required for non-product validated software.
- Participate in user story and acceptance criteria definition; participate in sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Develop software Functional and User Interface specifications.
- Problem solve to ensure best solutions are delivered.
- Ensure that compliance, security and regulatory requirements are met on all projects.
- Coordinate with other R&D teams (hardware, systems, algorithms) to ensure product-level requirements are met and the software meets the acceptance criteria.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or closely related discipline with two to four years of related work experience or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-educational professional experience in the healthcare / life sciences or software development domain.
- Effective project planning and organizational skills.
- Action oriented with the ability to drive for results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team, is organized, analytical and has good decision making and issue resolution skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities. Demonstrated ability to strategically solve problems.
- Previous experience as a Software Requirements and Process Engineer is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.