- One of the world’s leading augmented reality (AR) companies, Illumix creates immersive mobile experiences in gaming and for corporate clients in the media, entertainment, and retail sectors.
- We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of software engineers and contribute to systems, features, and tools for a new mixed reality engine.
- You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions by driving planning for a variety of projects and mentoring the software engineers on those projects.
- Along the way you’ll also have the opportunity to build the technology that drives these experiences.
- Come join us and help bring mass market AR to applications across industries!
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers.
- Drive technical planning for the engine team and contribute to short- and long-term technical planning for cross team projects.
- Partner with the technical lead in an advisory role to make technology and architecture decisions.
- Work with other managers to iterate on remote-first development processes tailored to the team.
- Design and implement features and tools for a mobile and web AR-focused engine.
- Review feature implementations to ensure high quality.
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least a one of the following programming areas: AR, Asset Pipelines, Tools, UI, 3D Animation, 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Audio.
- Shipped at least one video game, game engine major version update, or equivalent in similar technology.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with other managers, engineers, and disciplines.
- Ability to be effective while navigating ambiguity.
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge in additional areas from the following programming areas: AR, Asset Pipelines, Tools, UI, 3D Animation, 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Audio.
- Built and maintained major engine level systems in a game engine, video game, or similar technology.
- Experience instrumenting, profiling, and optimizing performance issues in large scale or live products.
- Experience with or passion for AR.