At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we've rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This position is responsible for Palo Alto Networks' (PANW) network and security infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer facing services. You will have strong Technical and organization skills.
You will work with a team of senior-level Network Engineers writing first of its kind software microservices to create digital visibility and action taking mechanisms for PANWs global WAN/LAN network infrastructure.
We are seeking a software engineer with a curiosity for networking and aptitude for building scalable distributed systems.
This role is geared towards early in career candidates/recent college graduates.
* Designing and implementing (building, modeling, analyzing and monitoring software processes for) PANW's current and next generation networks
* Collaborate with network engineers to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis - provide data points for capacity planning and architecture change analysis
* Work with PANW products and multi-vendor network devices and protocols
* Develop code to monitor network health, thresholds and systems that proactively analyze and mitigate service disrupting network events
* You have implementation skills with a general purpose object oriented programming language like Python, Java or C++
* Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and OOP principles
* Familiarity with JSON, SQL databases, REST APIs, CI/CD concepts, Git and Linux/UNIX based systems
* Familiarity with designing and running software services on a cloud platform like GCP, AWS or Azure
* A curiosity for understanding of the design and implementation of network management systems
* Critical thinking and analytical approach to problem solving
* Strong ability to communicate
* Nice to haves: basic understanding of network routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and ISIS and tunneling protocols like MPLS, GRE and IPnIP
* Basic knowledge or interest in firewalls technologies (PANW preferred) & load balancing
* BSCS or related field, MS preferred or equivalent military experience required
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You'll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We're connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $87,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
* Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
* Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
* The job requires accessing a company worksite
* The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
* You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
* If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.