Role: Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 months
- Software Engineering position responsible for testing Inductive and Wireless communication subsystems in an Implantable Medical Device System.
- Working from requirements, develops, maintains, and updates test requirements and design;
- Supports implementation, creation, enhancements, and modifications to test cases, procedures, scripts, and code;
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems and offers strategic advice regarding identified issues for future development;
- Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
- Presents at design reviews; documents and resolves issues as directed.
- Contributes to and supports reviews held by other engineers and provide useful feedback.
- Contributes to and supports a variety of test phase efforts.
- Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements,
- Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related engineering field.
- Typically, a minimum of five plus years of progressively more responsible work experience in a range of software engineering disciplines using a variety of programming methods
- Strong experience with software programming languages (i.e. C++, C#, Java) is required.
- Strong experience with wireless communication (i.e. BLE) on iOS, Android, Linux, and MS
- Windows platforms is desired.
- Strong attention to details and belief in delivering quality work products. Willingly to highlight any defects found.
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.