Software Developer for Manufacturing
Requisition Job Description:
Develops and maintains software to support products, processes and components to meet agreed-upon objectives. May redesign software to resolve defects or provide enhancements to improve quality, throughput, usability, safety, and new process capabilities. Participates actively in new product introduction, including influencing the design of the product and process to ensure manufacturability and conformance with requirements. Supports and implements the transition of products and manufacturing processes from prototype to full production and through the entire life cycle of the product. Partners with process engineering, production, quality control, and quality assurance to improve/sustain products and processes. May direct the work of third party vendors and/or partners to meet contract specified deliverables, performance or business objectives. May work with suppliers to ensure achievement of goals for cost, quality and delivery of parts and materials. May work with other departments such as R&D and information technology to achieve objectives. Ensures all software development activities are in compliance with software process and quality requirements.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree or University Degree or equivalent.
Typically 4+ years’ experience in software development for manufacturing for entry to this level.
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in job and ability to work independently. The work requires frequent collaboration with other software engineers and domain experts, including process engineers and scientists.
• C++, C#, .NET, and Visual Studio.
• Automation, including servo motion control systems
• Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
• Software development process, including revision control, defect tracking, code reviews, risk analysis, and test plan development
• Data structures, algorithms, real-time programming, and network programming
• Experience in GUI programming such as MFC, WinForms, and WPF
• Common database and SQL skills, including SQL Server and PostgreSQL
• Experience with PLCs and Common Industrial Protocol
• Familiarity with Java and Python
• Liquid handling and laboratory automation experience
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer