At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The UX Team is looking for a hardworking UX designer with expertise in creating state-of-the-art visually appealing designs that meet customer and business needs. You would join a team of like-minded people pushing the boundaries of web applications that tackle real problems in the information-security space. From ideation through implementation, you'll work with content creators, product stakeholders, and engineers to define the best user experience for fortune-500 companies and national security organizations. You possess a real passion for understanding the world of our users, generating insights and building solutions that empower them to do their best work. You will drive initiatives on your own, and collaborate with other designers in the company. If you have an interest in creating high quality experiences that help protect the world from hackers, we want to hear from you!
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the broader vision over time
- Lead design projects and drive end-to-end product design for desktop apps
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including product managers, engineering, QA, researchers, and a UX writer to translate business requirements into use cases, flows, wireframes, and high fidelity designs
- Understand user-centered design methodologies, have strong empathy for the users, and are committed to be their fierce advocate
- Have a great aesthetic sense for beautiful designs and pay attention to all the details
- Take time to understand the business aspects of the products, and see the big picture, and how small design decisions can impact a bigger system
- Understand how the north star design concepts get broken down into iterative sprints
- Have a growth mindset and willingness to fail fast and learn
- Possess humility and maturity; welcome candid feedback and are able to give constructive feedback as well
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in a dynamic, multi-project environment
- Deliver with industry-standard design tools: e.g., Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with working with UI teams using modern extended front-end web technologies (Angular, jQuery, React, Canvas, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
- Experience working on a product from inception to shipment
- Own a design portfolio showcasing your excellent design work
- Have a college degree in design, human computer interaction, or related fields
- Have at least 4 years experience in product design
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.