Looking for a Senior Scientist to provide scientific leadership to platform development, disease modeling and drug discovery!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emmet Nitto
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $110,000 - $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in San Carlos, CA we are an preclinical stage bio-pharmaceutical company currently developing treatments for neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. Using our patented technology and neural cell types, we develop cell-based assays discovering novel therapeutics.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist, Neuroscience Lead for our flagship program built around the development of antiepileptic drugs. If you have a background in the neurophysiology of epileptic seizures, electrophysiological techniques, and pre-clinical models for discovery of anticonvulsant therapeutics - we invite you to apply today to be part of our high-energy biotech environment.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary!
- Great Benefits Package!
- The Opportunity to Join an Amazing Team!
- PhD, postdoc and 5+ years of industry experience in the neuroscience field
- Deep expertise in human stem cell-derived in vitro model systems
- Experience with assay development for phenotypic screening
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
You may have: (Bonus!)
- A career emphasis on neurological and neurodegenerative disorders
- Experience with electrophysiology assays and data
- Experience with imaging technologies
- Background in drug discovery and preclinical development
- Expertise in iPSC handling, and differentiation of iPSC-derived cell types as in vitro disease models
- Lead and develop a novel early discovery platform
- Develop a vision and the research strategy based on stem cell-derived human in vitro neuronal models
- Interact with academic leaders and collaborators
- Manage CROs and partnerships, across teams and technologies to advance our epilepsy research program
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.