Work You'll Do
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will work within an engagement team and draw on your experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to investment management clients. You will identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing detail-level reviews of partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns as well as preparing materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities.
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to gather information to complete their tax returns.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff, and attending required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific trainings.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers and staff, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 3+ years experience providing tax planning services or preparing client work papers and income tax returns
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for real estate funds - Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,700 to $118,300.