UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There are changes happening in health care that go beyond the basics we hear in the news. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
As a Senior Provider Relations Advocate for UHC Vision, you will have overall responsibility for the provider relationship management for a government product line serving U.S. Veterans.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for monitoring network accessibility and remediating gaps
- Accountable for resolution of escalated issues related to network providers and enhancing provider experience as measured by NPS
- Representing the vision business to various levels of stakeholders (senior leaders and individual contributors) at OptumServe
- Accountable for execution of provider training and education programs
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs and processes that build / nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Recommend improvements in processes
- Collect and ensure the quality and integrity of data in the provider data systems
- Performs audits and analyses of activity that can be used for internal and/or external discussions
- Monitor and track provider issues through calls, emails, and other avenues
- Other duties as assigned in support of goals and objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 5+ years of health care / managed care experience
- 3+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree
- Optical / Vision industry experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Provider Relations Advocate, Vision, Network Contractor, Provider Relations, Provider Advocate, Issue Resolution, Escalation, Network Management, Medicaid, Sales, Provider Care, Dental, Dental Contracts, Recruiting, Provider Advocate, Negotiations, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, E&I, Employer & Individual, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Columbia, MD, Maryland, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote