MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Senior Project Manager in San Jose to do multifamily tenant improvement for a construction services company. Responsible for managing one of the largest upcoming projects in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Leading construction services company. Collective individual experience creates a team of diversified talents in a variety of market areas. A well-versed entity that surpasses competitors.
Performs all aspects of construction from general contracting to construction management to consulting including pre-construction, design management, cost control, scheduling, project control and administration.
The Senior Project Manager for multifamily construction in San Jose will:
- Maintain a group of clients that consistently requires the flawless execution of multifamily tenant improvement projects. Direct the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a project to include estimating, scheduling, subcontracting, construction administration and closeout of mid-size to large tenant improvement projects.
- Develop strategic and tactical approach to optimize the construction marketplace in order to grow and sustain the book of business.
- Market to current and prospective clients to fill pipeline with more construction projects to manage. Maintain client retention and repeat business to a minimum of 95%.
- Control budget and scope of multiple construction projects; oversee negotiating with subcontractors and clients and maintain strong working relationships with property owners, managers and tenants before, during and after construction.
- Review team pricing obligations and accounts receivables for multiple construction projects.
- Review and confirm profit margins on all teams and report results to CEO.
- Supervise project team. Conduct daily check-ins meetings and otherwise manage team to ensure compliance and follow through with all project administrative processes.
- Mentor Project Managers to the best of their abilities. Develop objectives and goals for project management team. Provide coaching, training and assessment for all project team members. Evaluate Project Managers/Project Engineers progress and development. Provide regular updates to CEO. Complete and conduct annual performance appraisals and recommend appropriate salary adjustments and bonuses.
- Meet with other Senior Project Managers to review company progress, backlogs and PM/PE development, etc.
- Final Review of project plans, requirements, and specifications. Review contract conditions between the client and company to ensure compliance with all contract terms.
- Conduct final inspection of all construction sites.
- Ensure all safety programs and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Perform special projects as needed and other duties as assigned or requested.
The Senior Project Manager for multifamily construction in San Jose needs:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or relevant field of study
- 5 years' minimum supervisory experience as a Project Manager within multifamily construction
- Proven project management ability, business sense and acumen, and the desire to develop and grow as an expert professional in the multifamily tenant-improvement industry is essential
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating is essential
- Expert understanding of how to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project), and strong analytical skills and ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling/project management and reporting software tools
- Demonstrated project management ability, business sense, and acumen as an expert construction professional in the multifamily tenant improvement space
The Senior Project Manager for multifamily construction in San Jose will receive:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- Medical Insurance (HMO and PPO options)
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
And the opportunity to work on new, large and exciting projects!