Requisition ID # 99925
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
The 400 women and men of the Materials Logistics and Planning organization work to ensure that all employees and contractors receive the right materials at the right time in the right place at the lowest possible cost to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations. We are responsible for all aspects of Materials distribution and logistics, including planning and forecasting, inbound transportation, warehousing and distribution, client services and investment recovery.
Materials Transportation & Safety is a department within the Material Logistics and Planning organization in Supply Chain. Materials Transportation & Safety oversees all aspects of PG&E’s third-party inbound and outbound transportation. This department is also responsible for implementing safety programs and initiatives, meeting records management deliverables, leading cause evaluations and continuous improvement projects.
Work location will be determined between the selected candidate and the hiring manager.
This is an individual contributor position. You will not manage direct reports but will be working in cross functional teams supporting the Materials organization.
This position is responsible for managing the Materials contractor safety program, ensuring compliance with records management and safety observation programs. Work is performed mostly in an office environment with frequent use of computer, phone, email, and other office equipment.
Work before and/or beyond normal shift start and end times may be required.
You must be willing to travel at least 20% of the time.
- Lead moderately complex performance improvement projects.
- Use best practices, analysis, market intelligence, governance, and research to improve performance and efficiency of Materials, while also reducing costs.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and a strategy that addresses risk and performance improvement.
- Define project scope and objectives; establish project team with agreed upon roles and responsibilities; obtain commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resources, contingency and communication plans; obtain management approval as needed; ensure project documentation is maintained; identify, analyze, and address project performance issues; manage the integration of vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables; communicate project status to all stakeholders; assess project risk and develop contingency plans; and identify and communicate lessons learned and best practices.
- Serve as the department ERIM lead and oversee and manage all record retention tasks
- Lead the Standards and Procedure document writing initiative for Materials
- Track and perform analysis on SafetyNet observations identifying strengths, best practices, deficiencies and opportunities
- Serve as Materials SharePoint and website administrator
- Contractor Safety Program Management for Materials
- 6 years of project management, program management, process improvement, warehousing, distribution, manufacturing, and/or supply chain experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (1 year of relevant experience for every year of college)
- Experience with corrective action programs and safety observation programs
- Experience performing safety observations/connections and analyzing data
- Excellent analytical skills and strong business acumen with track record for setting appropriate strategy
- Business computer skills such as MS Office Suite, Project, and Visio
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work
- Strong analytical/problem resolution skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and engage diverse teams
- Knowledge of projects and requirements from relevant PG&E functional area
- Knowledge and application of change management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in Materials Operations