You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a Senior Operational Trainer, you will train talented individuals and exceptional professionals! This a great opportunity to effective the delivery of training programs across a Fortune 25 Organization. We're looking for individuals who keep abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems in specific areas of expertise. This will encompass training of one functional area such as Claims or Customer Service individuals in the Training Delivery Operational functions and could include some aspects of the design process and training material as needed. We are looking for someone who has extensive work experience in a highly matrix organization across multiple functions. When not in training you will assist the manager of the department with department activities and act as a resource to the team.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide training on specific line of business / customer letter templates, Turn - Around - Time requirement, laws, rule, regulations and accreditation requirements
- Develop training manuals, tools, guides and FAQs
- Develop ad - hoc training as requested by Health Plans, Customers or Regulators in response to an audit or survey
- Develop and maintain the Master Requirements Grid, letter workflows, Job Aids and SOP
- Participate in UAT to confirm the quality of the letter process for new and existing programs
- Provide re-training for all programs including post audit remediation training and training program presentations to clients and or regulators
- Support post-implementation risk analysis and re-training as needed
- Analyze quality performance for focused training and customize refresher training to support the team
- Communicating and interacting with operation supervisors the training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals
- Conducts departmental needs assessments to identify skill or knowledge gaps and compliance requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience coaching, mentoring or training
- 3+ years experience on NLT (New Leader Training) processes and letters requirements
- Super user of NLT tools and UHC clinical applications
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save and send documents), Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create, edit, save and send correspondences), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save and send spreadsheets) and Microsoft Visio (ability to create workflow diagrams)
- Experience as a Team Lead with NLT team
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Some training design and documentation writing experience
- Previous Cisco WebEx experience
- Experience with SharePoint and shared network drives
- Acquired knowledge and skills in fact finding, problem solving as it relates to the NLT
- Proven ability to lead and engage a variety of classroom audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project management, planning skills and working on multiple projects at a time
- Demonstration of the ability to innovate, and facilitate the culture values of the company
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision making abilities
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills and drives for results individually and in a team setting
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Trainer; Operational Trainer; Facilitator; Instructor; Teacher; Training, Senior Operational Trainer, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO