Requisition ID # 94621
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Estimating & Service Planning department supports the Work Order Fulfillment's execution of work. Estimating and Service Planning in the local headquarters is focused on our customer's requests for new services, rearrangement of facilities, and fielding support for the RMC estimating teams. The clerical team in the local headquarters provides administrative support to the construction and service planning teams along with the initiation of some of the centralized functions in the RMC clerical teams.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This position is charged with coordinating the installation of new gas and/or electric facilities, WRO projects, overhead and/or underground line extensions and services associated with large residential, commercial and agricultural projects. The position also handles street lighting, traffic controllers, un-metered load and State Highway lighting projects. Assigned SNBRs also act as coordinators for city and county relocation projects, street widening and street repaving that have conflicts with PG&E facilities. For training purposes, SNBR may handle no more than 3 IPE-level jobs at the same time and must work under the guidance of an IPE. The duties as outlined in this job description may vary by location. This position includes office work and site visits.
Travel is estimated to be about 10% of the time with some overnight stays. You must have a valid driver's license and insurance coverage if using a personal car. This position includes office work and site visits. You may be required to attend after hours meetings related to projects.
This position requires a 24 month lock per the ESC contract.
- Maximize public and employee safety by ensuring that job designs are performed to Company & State standards and meet all compliance requirements. Follow USP 22 guidelines.
- Manages scope, schedule and cost for all assigned projects, from initiation to meter set. Scope and schedule is adjusted as appropriate to accommodate change (e.g., new customer needs, competition, and new regulation)
- Coordinates all other departments or individuals who are involved with the project and works to define the project’s background, objective, design scope, schedule, roles and responsibilities
- Coordinates with others, such as Planning, Estimating, Construction and Metering, etc., in completing the project in a timely manner. Includes understanding of industrial project schedules and working closely with the work and resource group to prioritize work using available tools or technology, such as CLICK scheduling
- Monitors project schedule and prioritizes work in coordination with the work and resource group
- Schedules and conducts pre-engineering meetings, provides all pertinent data and addresses potential project risks including schedule setbacks and coordinates actions before setbacks occur
- Conducts and documents pre-construction meeting
- Ensures that project is performed as planned. Upon request, provides input to the development of the capital and/or expense budget through ongoing validation of project estimating and construction timelines. Looks for ways to minimize costs on projects for both the applicant and PG&E
- Ensures that the correct type of financial order, work category, etc., has been applied and actively monitors costs and proactively addresses potential overrun issues in accordance with Company guidelines
- Communicates project status (e.g., scope, schedule, cost) to all stakeholders throughout the project, as applicable. This may include Service and Sales Representatives to ensure competition issues are addressed. Facilitates resolution of project-related disputes. Continuous formal communication (both written and verbal) with all stakeholders is given a high priority throughout all stages of the project. Prepares contracts, as applicable, to ensure compliance with standards and tariffs
- Provides applicants, estimating, engineering, clerical and construction partners with complete and accurate information on rate and rule applicability, potential costs and timelines
- May be required to attend after hours meetings related to their projects
MANAGING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS:
- Ensures that customer’s needs and issues are solicited regularly and communicated to project stakeholders, both internal and external. To the extent possible, balances customer needs/requests with all internal work including compliance, reliability and capacity projects
- Negotiates reasonable estimating and construction dates that address customer’s anticipated schedules. May provide customer with an initial non-binding cost
- Ensures that all charges mandated under the applicable tariffs are identified in the contract and secured before beginning construction. This position is responsible for ensuring correct tariff interpretation and application, and for working with Law department on exceptional case projects when required.
- Ensures project is designed and priced in accordance with applicable rates and rules
- Provide leadership,technical support and guidance to other departments on projects involving Gas & Electric Rules 1,2,3,4,12,13,14,15,16 18 & 20.
- May partner with Service and Sales Representatives and/or Rates and Tariffs for application of best rates when appropriate
- Ensures all applicable project documentation is maintained in an orderly job file
- Ensures all project dependencies are met prior to allowing a construction start
- Ensures all permits are obtained and land rights issues are resolved per procedures
- Familiar with tariffs, rates, contracts/tools, WM SAP, project approval process, document routing system and estimating and construction work processes
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers/clients
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage for results and in the process work as a team to build agreement
- Strong focus on safety
- Committed to providing superior customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and decisiveness
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and forward thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PG&E’s rates and tariffs
- Knowledge of PG&E’s Gas& Electric Service Requirements
- Computer skills (SAP, Excel, Word etc.)
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Knowledge of overrun/under run policy
- Knowledge of Delegation of Authority guidelines
- Knowledge of Distribution Service Policy
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college OR its equivalent in education and experience, which must include 3 years of experience in construction project management or PG&E technical service planning
- Project management experience
- Familiar with tariffs, rates, contracts/tools, SAP Work Management module, project approval process, document routing system and estimating and construction work processes
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external customers/clients
- Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel, e-mail