Duration: 6+ Months
- Unisys Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer/Security Engineer.
- The candidate will be the primary Network and Security Architect and Technologist in the customer environment.
- This position requires 5-7 or more years of experience in IT with a finely honed focus on networking and security.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in government as well.
- Must be experienced with pragmatic communication at all levels, including Technical Managers, Directors, and C-Level Management.
- Lead technical teams responsible for gathering requirements, developing solutions, implementing the solutions, and ongoing support
- The technologies within the scope of this position include a range of largely Cisco products, architectures, and technologies including but not including to:
- Cisco Nexus 7000
- Cisco 9300/9400/9500 Switches
- Cisco ASR1002 Series Routers
- Cisco Catalyst 3700/3850 Switches
- Cisco 5508 Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Wireless Access Points (inc. 1562E/3802 – Wave 2 AC)
- Fiber as well as Ethernet Networking
- Cisco ASA 5500 and NGN series, preferably multi-context.
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco SDA/ACI
- ShoreTel/Mitel VoIP The appropriate candidate will also have a good knowledge of BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP as well as all other major routing protocols.
- Plan, engineer, design, implement and manage infrastructure for all municipal services and responsible for oversight of configuration, maintenance, and capacity planning for technologies in scope.
- Help articulate needs and drive project delivery for critical public safety facing applications with the Applications team as well as Public Safety Administration (Police/Fire).
- Maintenance of department-specific VLANS, including port security.
- Creation and addition of simple firewall rules and Network Address Translation under the guidance of the Infrastructure Program Manager.
- Accountable to execute project engineering and solution processes & functions for technologies in scope.
Responsible for service and project delivery to the client.
Accountable to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, engineering & standards strategy and for its operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope.
- Administrate & share reports and usage statistics from Cisco Prime and SolarWinds NPM protocol discovery to senior management & provide monthly updates of qualitative and quantitative statistics.
- Support and troubleshoot public safety systems, including County and DoJ services for PD Dispatch, Records, Investigations, and Fire.
- Setup and deploy new city sites, network drops, Voice over IP phones, and Wireless Access points.
- Support and troubleshoot core Nexus/9xxx Data switches per the requirement of the environment.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners from within IT Service Management, Business Partner Manager, Project Portfolio Management, and Application Operations as well as all external outsourced IT infrastructure service providers.
- Advise Infrastructure Program Manager and other account leadership on a virtual enterprise-wide & badge transparent team in setting the technical direction.
- Contribute to the technology lifecycle & roadmap for the technologies in scope, including technology absorption & risk, technology refresh, migration & retirement strategies.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and directions in the technology & investment management vendor communities and identify new opportunities for use of this technology.
- Educate & mentor the technical virtual team and appropriate management in the use of the technologies in scope.
- Understand, formulate and present the cost and business benefit of the use of the technologies in scope and constantly drive productivity improvements & reductions in TCO.
- Maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/ or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Execute capacity planning and monitoring processes for technologies in scope.
- Develop, monitor, report, and present key infrastructure performance metrics for technologies in scope.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/ program SharePoint and/ or communities of practice.