What You'll Do
Deloitte Tax Senior Managers use their experience in accounting and taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to Real Estate Investment Trusts, Real Estate Private Equity Funds, and real estate joint ventures and operating partnerships. As a Tax Senior Manager within the Investment Management - Real Estate Tax group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to clients in the Real Estate industry sector. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, work with state of the art technology, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with life events for partnerships (e.g., formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, section 704(c) and section 743(b) computations, and Schedule K-1 processing.
- Using proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements in the real estate industry.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues, including REIT Qualification, impact of Tax Reform on passthroughs and other Real Estate clients, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates using state of the art technology and data analytics.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Mentor and develop junior staff, including those in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Real Estate industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, investment partnerships, private equity, Real Estate Investment Trusts, real estate private equity funds, and other real estate owners and operators. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 8+ years' experience in federal taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Solid understanding of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including partnership taxation, REIT taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring, and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- Strong managerial experience with budgets, people and projects
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $124,600 to $231,400.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.