It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for a Senior International Accountant Contractor to join our fast-paced, high performing international accounting team in Sunnyvale, CA.
As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 20 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
This individual will be an integral part of the accounting team in many areas. This is a great opportunity that will allow for career growth as the Company continues to expand!
* General Ledger responsibilities including, but not limited to Management reporting packages, Consolidation, Accounting for International Subs, Accruals, and other areas
* Coordinate with HR and local outsourcing firms to process international payroll, review monthly payroll reports
* Responsible for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures, i.e. account reconciliations and roll-forward schedules
* Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules
* Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
* Support in annual subs audits
* Support team in SOX compliance activities
* Assist in process improvement projects, including coordination with cross-functional teams
* Deliver on any ad-hoc projects as necessary
* Bachelor's degree, emphasis in Accounting
* Minimum 6 years of general accounting experience in industry and/or a public accounting firm
* Minimum 3 years of experience in international subs; experience in international payroll a plus
* Demonstrate strong working knowledge of US GAAP
* Strong Excel skills
* Strong organization and communication skills
* Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and prioritization skills
* CPA a plus
* ERP experience a plus, primarily D365
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!