UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Instructional Designer, you will be responsible to keep abreast of various design strategies, with emphasis in virtual, self-paced, and instructor led learning. You will create original synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions in addition to converting existing instructor-led training programs to Online Learning programs. The Senior Instructional Designer will apply innovative and creative strategies including but not limited to web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, and simulations using various technology tools. In this role, you will proactively consult with the business partner, manage learning projects, and facilitate virtual learning programs. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies a systems approach to curriculum design, re-design and development
- Participates in the planning, development, and evaluation of learning programs from new hire training materials supporting ongoing learning and professional development of our operations’ learner audiences
- Creates or converts existing instructor-led curriculum into an online learning format
- Define learning objectives
- Assume a lead role with multiple designers working on common design-related goal / projects
- Be a mentor to other Instructional Designers
- Accept responsibilities as needed in defining process and standards
- Builds collaborative partnerships with peers, others in Learning Solutions and with business partners
- Builds strategic roadmap for larger scale projects and forecasting on design capabilities
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in applicable field of instructional design and technology, equivalent work experience will be considered
- 3+ years of experience in conducting learning analysis
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing engaging, effective online learning programs and tools, both synchronous and asynchronous, using current and successful strategies while applying a systematic approach to instructional design and development
- Experience producing quality results using rapid development models and tools
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and needs assessment techniques
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage or equivalent online learning development tools
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements in to learning programs including audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience in leading design projects in which multiple designers contribute
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite of products
- Solid analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision-making abilities
- Solid time management, planning skills
- Experience in project management, planning skills and working on multiple projects at a time
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience working through ambiguity
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Training, Learning and Development, Graphic Design, Instructional Design, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote