Jane Technologies - Senior Data Scientist
Jane is building the future of eCommerce.
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry's largest marketplace. Our platform integrates directly with POS systems at retail locations and leverages this real time data to provide an "it just works" experience for both the retail operators and end consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: www.keyvalues.com/jane . Check out our product at: www.iheartjane.com/ .
Jane Technologies is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing data science and business intelligence team. In this role you will work as a full stack data scientist, supporting our digital merchandising business. Specifically, you will leverage AWS services and platforms along with Snowflake to design and develop as well as deploy and monitor explainable predictive modeling products to generate insights for cannabis brands. Additionally you will be partnering with senior product and technical leaders to inform product decisions and continue to increase the sophistication of Jane's data science practice. This position will be at the forefront of establishing and showcasing the power data science and predictive analytics can have in the nascent industry of cannabis.
What You'll do:
- Partner with digital merchandising and brand support stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging predictive analytics to improve profitability of Jane Technologies and our clients.
- Utilize AWS services and platforms to integrate predictive model outputs into our reporting ecosystem.
- Develop predictive models and forecasts that are explainable and interpretable.
- Act as a subject matter expert on ML modeling techniques and tools for peers and stakeholders.
- Develop robust and scalable feature engineering pipelines that serve model building, segmentation, and business intelligence reporting
- Partner with Data Scientists across Jane on projects to increase the sophistication of the data science practice
- 5+ years working as a senior data scientist.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL for scalable data pipelines.
- 3+ years or experience using building statistical applications in either R or Python.
- 3+ years of experience working with a variety of machine learning techniques and packages that implement GLMs, decision trees, ensembles, boosting, and/or neural networks.
- Experience utilizing explainable tools and packages such as Shapley.
- Experience working in vanilla AWS to maintain development and production grade infrastructure capable of training, deploying, and reporting on predictive models with an eye to security, compliance and repeat ability.
- Experience with one or more of the data warehouse technologies such as, Airbyte, Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, and Spark.
- Experience with one or more reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, Periscope, PowerBI, Streamlit, etc.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical teams
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.