High end International Law firm seeks a Palo Alto based Senior Corporate Paralegal
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Kevin Ross
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $125,000 per year
A bit about us:
The law firm a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, excellent legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and cultivating an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, collaboration and collegiality by drawing on the extraordinary talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
Why join us?
The Corporate Paralegal works effectively and collaboratively with attorneys and client teams across offices and assists in preparing and filing documents related to incorporation and corporate governance. The Corporate Paralegal works directly with clients during transactions, such as financings, initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions
About This Role
- Assists with the formation, maintenance and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and other types of business entities.
- Assists in all phases of venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and loan and securities transactions; coordinates all related pre- and post- closing documents.
- Assists with all aspects of stock issuance and stock plan administration, including preparation of stock option agreements, stock purchase agreements, and stock transfer agreements.
- Uses web-based equity tracking systems, including Carta and Shareworks, to maintain company capitalization, including preparation of stock certificates, debt and equity issuances, and capitalization spreadsheets.
- Serves as a liaison with ongoing clients regarding the maintenance of stock records and corporate records; provides assistance with additional corporate maintenance as necessary.
- Assists attorneys with the drafting, preparation and filing of registration statements, form 144s, proxies and other periodic filings with the SEC, Rule 144 opinions, and performs searches on EDGAR.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Contributes to the Firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
Your Qualifications/What You Will Bring
- BA/BS preferred.
- For positions in California, meets the requirements of the California Business and Professions Code Section 6450-6456.
- Notary preferred.
- Three years of related experience including general corporate and transactional work preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.