Our multi billion dollar, award-winning Real Estate Development and Investments client is seeking to add a Senior Controller to their team. This role will be the right hand person for the CFO, and this role will manage the accounting department on a day to day basis.
- Oversee month-end and year-end closing of books to ensure transactions are reflected correctly and accurately in the proper accounting period.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- GL schedules – create and maintain accounting schedules and support (Consolidation & Flux explanations – perform general ledger account analysis)
- Budget vs. Actual, & Current Month vs. Prior Month accounting
- Provide direct supervision of accounting staff, orienting and mentoring new employees
- Revamp documentation and accounting schedules for monthly, quarterly, and yearly close to be audit-ready
- Maintain an adequate and effective internal control system to safeguard assets of the Company and ensure timely financial reporting of transactions such as cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries, budgetary controls, variance reporting system, etc.
- Review of Investor reporting templates
- Financial statement annual audit (PBC List review & Footnote and FS tie-out review)
- Oversee Accounts Payable activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control
- Oversee Cash Receipt & Accounts Receivable activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of cash receipts, and accounts receivable aging reports, including tenants’ billings, CAM (common area maintenance) expense deposits, and reconciliations.
- Review and manage effective Cash Flow Management
- Monitor cash balances to determine when there is a shortage or excess in the checking/savings account
- Process inter-account bank transfers to cover any shortfall in the operating accounts and at the same time, maximize the potential for earning interest on excess funds
- 5+ years of experience (minimum) in Real Estate Development
- 3-5 years of people management
- Prior experience as a manager or above with audit experience at Big 4 (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, or E&Y) or next tier (BDO, Grant Thornton, RSM, Baker Tilley, etc).
- Real Estate Development or Real Estate Fund experience is a must
- US GAAP experience
- BS or Master's degree, CPA preferred