Alion Science and Technology is seeking a Senior Contracting Specialist to manage a portfolio of programs supporting The Defense Innovation Unit. DIU is an organization aimed at solving DoD problems using commercial-off-the-shelf technology from nontraditional technology vendors. Contracting skills coupled with federal acquisition subject matter expertise are required. A successful Senior Contracting Specialist will need strong judgement, an analytical mindset, customer focused, sound collaboration skills, a pragmatic approach to problems-solving, and the ability to thrive in an oftentimes ambiguous, entrepreneurial environment. This position is based out of Mountain View, CA.
- Full life cycle contract management.
- Assist agency contracting office with drafting various contract documents including base contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
- Working with and advising program managers on procurement policies, regulations, and procedures that result in cost savings for the Government.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations; following all applicable acquisition procedures.
- Communicating orally to brief all customers on proposed acquisition cycles award processes.
- Utilizing all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures while participating with a variety of Program Offices to ensure the acquisition plan, synopsis, procurement planning conference and justification and approval all include necessary information to facilitate a successful contract award.
- Communicating in writing, independently preparing pre and post business clearances for every acquisition to document the contract file.
- Acting as a business adviser and/or representative providing business advice to the program offices.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in associated field.
- 8+ years of federal acquisition experience.
- Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
- Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government.
- Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government is highly desirable.
- Experience with major contract writing systems is highly desirable.
- DAWIA /FAC-C and CFCM or CPCM certifications are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment.)
- Ability to gain TS/SCI Clearance.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Limited